Forum Index

Recipes for Picky Eaters

View previous topic :: View next topic  
A_nony_mouse
Site Librarian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Recipes for Picky Eaters Reply with quote

Picky eaters. Is there one in your household? There is definitely one in ours. But not to worry! There are things that you can do. And the best thing to do, is keep on offering the same foods, just in different and new ways! Sound too difficult? I've already thought up a few for you. Here are a few fall favorites of our picky eater.

Chicken Pot Pie - This is great for hiding healthy veggies and protein rich chicken into one cute and tasty package. You can make one big pie here or make individual pies. But whatever you do, get the ready-made crust. What are we super heroes? Come on! You don't have to cover the top with crust, you can make a super yummy potato topping, just by whipping up some mashed potatoes and pipe it onto the top. This adds even more vitamins, minerals and much needed fiber. Bake until golden on top and crust is done.

Mashed Potato Pinwheels - Take a large whole grain tortilla. Spread with mashed potatoes. Add in sliced cheese and some lunchmeat (like turkey or ham). Roll up, and then slice. The end result is some super fun finger food. Serve with fruit or a side of corn on the cob.

Super Sneaky Cornbread Muffins - I always make the cornbread as directed, but I add in some veggies. Shredded carrots, zucchini and squash. Bake it all together and top with cheddar cheese. These make for a great snack or dinner side along witih some milk.
Holly
Old Knitter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Pot Pie!!!! One of my favorites. I's have it every day if my mother and Jim would eat it.
Tay
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never eaten pot pie as it was something that wasn't made when I was growing up. Embarassed It does sound good.
GrannieAnnie06
Crafter Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had Swanson Pot Pie a lot when I was growing up.. I found a recipe in the Joy of Cooking that makes an egg gravy that tastes just exactly like the Swanson gravy.. So, now, I make my own pot pies with that recipe..
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sneak vegis into my gravy. Put any roast on top of a nest of vegis (carrots celery and onions) n roast usual. When the roast is done, lift the meat and set it aside to rest. Use a slotted spoon to put the vegis into the blender with a bit of water or bullion/broth to spin. Use the balance of the drippings to make gravy as you normally would then add the pureed vegis. They darken the gravy nice n brown and add flavor and thicken the gravy too.
The kids n the Hubby will be clueless as they eat and love their vegis, honest. Wink

I've all my patterns and children's books in one place here;
http://www.amazon.com/Ann-C.-Cooney/e/B0052T7QG0/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Cooking Tips All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: