Forum Index

Leftovers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
norfolkknitter
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Leftovers Reply with quote

Well... I've been using up all sorts of leftovers especially as gifts for my class (23 10 and 11 year old girls, most of whom can knit, all of whom will be able to knit before the end of the year!)...

I love 'One Skein' and the sweetie wrapper sachets are a super way for leftovers... and can be stripes too! There's also a more complicated heart shape sachet on Interweave's 'Knitting Daily' that I'm having a stab at...

I also tried I-cord flowers last term and am looking at small tree decorations for the end of this term...

I'm also eyeing that new 'Knitted Flowers' book I saw in a magazine recently...

Gina
Holly
Old Knitter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Skein makes a lot of knitters happy.
Very Happy
Audrey
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your students must absolutely love you Smile Do you teach in an all girls school?
norfolkknitter
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inukshuk71 wrote:
Your students must absolutely love you Smile Do you teach in an all girls school?

Yes, I do.

I also really feel that we must keep the knitting thing going... we took part in the WaterAid 'Knit a River' project last year and contributed over 200 blue squares... This year I wanted to try the Innocent Smoothies mini hat knit for Help the Aged, but found out about it a bit too late and the deadline was a bit tight for term-time knitting...

However, the class I have this year, those who already knit, knit well and are wanting a bit of inspiration beyond squares... so flowers etc. are cute for girls of this age... and those who have yet to discover the joys of knitting addiction, will get there in the end!

I always have something on the needles in school for them to see... they marvel at socks on two circs and gloves... but I also have quick and easy stuff hanging around for them to try and talk about... they also knit in their free time at breaks and after the half-term break I'm starting a 'drop-in' one lunchtime a week for anyone who wants to come...

So knitting is never far away!
Kathryn
Young Knitter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you. Very Happy
Kneedle Clicker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am knitting a bunch of fingerless mitts out of Cascade Fixation (strech yarn) and since each ball of yarn makes 2 mitts with some left over, I have a bunch of little balls of yarn in many different colors: I think I'll make some extra strechy, striped socks!
Knit Along!
Odd Duck
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Odds and ends of yarn... All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: