Forum Index

how can you change e-mail address

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hils

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: how can you change e-mail address Reply with quote

without locking yourself out of forum!
I tried just changing e-mail add in profile on another forum & now i can't get back in! Don't want to be locked out of the parlour!!
Please help!
Holly
Old Knitter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hils....you go into Profile and just change it there....be careful as I think both the email address and your password are highlighted when you go in and if you put your new email address in password....then that's your new password.

If you're nervous...send me your new address and I'll change it. The Administrator of the other forum should be able to change it for you there. Just ask them.

Let me know.............
hils
Bohemian Knitter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly - thank you so much for all the trouble you took trying to sort me out after I was locked out of here! I really appreciate your time!
On the other forum apparently they had to use complicated widgets (?) to restore me.
But I'm back now on here now - nice & warm in the fold again.
I was at work & although I could read posts I couldn't stick my nose in until I got home & got re-sorted!
Thansk once again Very Happy
Holly
Old Knitter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Hils....it was very hard to 'delete' you so you could re-register. Had Kathryn been around I'm certain she would have figured out how to undo what we had done and kept you live.

Oh well....you're back now.
Kathryn
Young Knitter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To change your email address, click on 'Profile' at the top of the page.

Update the email field (it will show your current email address, just delete it and type in the new one), and then enter your password in the field below and click the submit button

You will receive a message telling you that it has been updated, but that the account can't be used at this time and a message has been sent to the moderator (I forget the exact wording). In an effort to stop inappropriate posts, all new accounts or ammendments to email addresses have to be approved by a moderator.

Bohemian Knitter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathryn, that was what I did, but instead of getting message to say your account has been updated - the message said that I had been locked out of the forum! Didn't give the moderator a chance to do anything!
Was a bit sad at having to be deleted& re-instated but it didn't hurt very much! (just meant I lost pms in that part of forum+makes me look newcomer!)
Have you just come back from hols? Did you have a good time?
Kathryn
Young Knitter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this look like the message?

Your profile has been updated. However, you have changed vital details, thus your account is now inactive. Check your e-mail to find out how to reactivate your account, or if admin activation is required, wait for the administrator to reactivate it.

If so, once an administrator receives notification of the account, it will be unlocked and you will be able to post again.

DH and I got back home yesterday afternoon. We had a lovely time, and so far (touch wood) the jet lag doesn't seem to be catching up with us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Forum 'How to' questions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: