Forum Index

One little request
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
A_nony_mouse
Site Librarian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: One little request Reply with quote

I am so excited to see all the new faces and projects showing up. I have one little request...Could you go back and edit your info to include your location? I have "remembery" problems with so many great friends...it helps me to remember by knowing where you are...also helps with the time differences. Thanks from Nony, the Board Mouse Very Happy
Holly
Old Knitter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good point Nony....we do have a lot of new faces and I would love to know where they are all from....I like to picture us all at our little computers with mugs of tea chatting away. Very Happy
Pat
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love to see where people are from too. Did anyone ever notice that there is hardly anyone from New York, let alone Long Island where I live? What's up with that? Confused
A_nony_mouse
Site Librarian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat wrote:
I love to see where people are from too. Did anyone ever notice that there is hardly anyone from New York, let alone Long Island where I live? What's up with that? Confused

Pat, you have lots of people on this board closer to you than I do...even in this same state... Sad
Pat
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nony, I'm way out at the end of L.I.
A_nony_mouse
Site Librarian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat wrote:
Nony, I'm way out at the end of L.I.

Ummm, Pat, I am 16 miles from the next town of 3,000 people...they have a Quilt shop, but no LYS; the Alco (downscale mini WM) carries a tiny bit of acrylic and cotton yarns. I am about 50 miles from the next bigger towns...and there I find Michaels and Hobby Lobby Sad ...but so far, no local knitters, knitting clubs or Guilds...to get those, I have to go to Austin, Dallas or Fort Worth...and they are 2-4 hours away...not something I think I would do on a regular basis... Crying or Very sad now you see why I am so happy Very Happy to have the internet and Knitting Haven... Embarassed
Pat
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so happy to have Knitting Haven too. I would really miss having all the friends and help I have here, believe me. What I'm saying is that I wish I had someone around me that shared my interest in knitting. I am a very visual person and I need to sit and have someone show me things, for instance, knitting socks. The one knitting store that I know of that has classes is so expensive. There is not much interest in knitting and crocheting here. I live in a 55 and older community and there's not one person who likes to do crafts.
Holly
Old Knitter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to have one of my friends sit and knit and visit....but none of them are interested. Sad

I am going to Book Club tonight and that's fun....and everyone I really want to visit with usually shows up...so I have that once a month.
karen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: This is me... Reply with quote

Hi all.

I altered my profile a few days ago as some thought I was in Manchester, USA? I am in the UK, very close to Manchester Airport.

This yr my Husband and I will celebrate our 30th Anniversary. I care for my Husband 24/7. Have done for 7 yrs. He had a massive stroke at the age of 50 and life as we knew it changed forever.

That's why I'm a hobby person now. Knitting is my 1st love. I love to cross stitch, and I'm also a lover of jigsaw puzzles. It's a lonely life being a carer. Amazing how friends you thought were for life suddenly have no time. I think our situation scares them off. It's hard as my Husband changed greatly after his stroke.

I'm glad I joined this group. It's comany without having to make tea and wash up after, lol!! What I'd give to have somebody make a cuppa for me once in a while, haha.
GrannieAnnie06
Crafter Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Karen... I'm so sorry to hear that... Unfortunately, that tends to be the norm. But, we're here all the time, so feel free to make a virtual visit any time...
Old Knitter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karen....there's always someone here for a cup of tea and a visit. Very Happy
knittingmama
Green Thumb Knitter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karen, I'm so sorry that your husband's health is poor. People are frequently frightened by such a situation. My DH has been ill for a few years, and has recently turned downhill quite a bit. People who don't know what is going on make very rude remarks. I'm starting to write about it on my blog, if you want any details. I'm sure your crafts are some solice to you. Please come here to visit often. We will keep you company or give you a shoulder to cry on. Whatever you may need, you can count on us.
chuckieknits
Parlor Knittee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat wrote:

ah, you and I are almost in the same region--I live near Scranton, PA--apx. a 2 to 3 hour drive..I was born in upstate New York--I used to tell folks I lived halfway between the Binghamton State Hospital and the Elmira Reformatory...now, I'm mid-way between Scranton and Binghamton..
LillyAn04
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry to hear about your husband. We love having you come and visit with us. This is tea, without the tea. Very Happy
hils
Bohemian Knitter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like to see where people are writing from.
This parlour is a 'haven' for people who lead difficult lives but find there's always tea in the pot & understanding to be had here Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Welcome........ All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: