Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holly
Old Knitter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely worded hils.
Yvonne
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: This is me... Reply with quote

karen wrote:
Hi all. This yr my Husband and I will celebrate our 30th Anniversary. I care for my Husband 24/7. Have done for 7 yrs. He had a massive stroke at the age of 50 and life as we knew it changed forever.

Have you got a carer's association near you. They do 'social' things for carers like you.

As Hils says, this is a 'Haven' in more ways than one.

Rav ID: thacka
Pat
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry to hear about your husband Karen. This is the greatest bunch of people here in this forum that I have been so fortunate to meet. Anytime you need to vent, there is always somebody to hear you. We are open 24/7 and always have that pot of tea, coffee or hot chocolate waiting. There's always lots of good laughs to be had too. Laughing
karen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Thanx! Reply with quote

Thank you all for your concern,

There is a lot of support with breaks for carers etc. My Doctor and my family are forever reminding me. The problem is if I leave Geoff for even an hour in the care of even people I trust, I just can't settle.
As soon as I get to my chosen visit or time out, I'm unsettled and wanting back home fast.
I've tried several times to no avail. I just can't leave him. He's worth every minute of my time when I think back to the previous yrs before the stroke. He cared for me, spoilt me, was always with me. We even worked together, lol!
I'm not unhappy, in fact I enjoy being home. Just sad. Sad for what we lost. But friends online save my sanity when Geoff is in bed early, every night and the walls close in. EW! Gonna make ME cry with all this soppy stuff, haha. I count my blessings. I still have him when I could so easily have lost him.
Now it's time to stop pulling everyones heartstrings, lol.
I love the message boards and I've picked up some handy hints in the 'how to' section. Love this site!
A_nony_mouse
Site Librarian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea Arrow Thought I would BUMP this thread. We have some new people whose profiles do not list a location. And I still get a charge out of hearing where everyone is and what some of their local customs or idioms are. Very Happy
adela
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: This is me... Reply with quote

karen wrote:
Hi all.

I altered my profile a few days ago as some thought I was in Manchester, USA? I am in the UK, very close to Manchester Airport.

This yr my Husband and I will celebrate our 30th Anniversary. I care for my Husband 24/7. Have done for 7 yrs. He had a massive stroke at the age of 50 and life as we knew it changed forever.

That's why I'm a hobby person now. Knitting is my 1st love. I love to cross stitch, and I'm also a lover of jigsaw puzzles. It's a lonely life being a carer. Amazing how friends you thought were for life suddenly have no time. I think our situation scares them off. It's hard as my Husband changed greatly after his stroke.

I'm glad I joined this group. It's comany without having to make tea and wash up after, lol!! What I'd give to have somebody make a cuppa for me once in a while, haha.

Karen Hope you find new friends here and that you feel better beeing here!
Best wishes for you and your husband.

Last edited by adela on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
cleosmum
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karen...Crafters are so helpful here...not only with crafts but encouraging words to pick up a soul. I have found this site so rewarding in many ways.ALmost like having them here in my home........For me this is the best site so now have my coffee here and love chatting and finding out what others are working on.
Gods Blessing to you & hubby but always someone here to chat with if the need be.
cleosmum
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opps...forgot to mention I live on Vancouver Island, British Columbia Canada...a beautiful place, with ocean, trees and mountians all around. SO peaceful...
Kathryn
Young Knitter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you click where it says "Profile" at the top of the page, you can add a location to your profile so that we can see where you're from when we're reading posts.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Nony Reply with quote

I don't even know if I am doing this correctly but I am luckylin from Lansdale, PA. What does the "view" column mean on the message page?
Holly
Old Knitter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin....I tried to find 'view' and I couldn't....sorry I couldn't help.
Yvonne
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lin: do you mean the Views column with numbers underneath? I think that is the number of times people have looked at that topic.

Rav ID: thacka
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Welcome........ All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: