Forum Index

KAL for Fingerless Gloves
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BonnieSD
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: KAL for Fingerless Gloves Reply with quote

Kathryn, O.K. do you mean like the subj. line I have above?
If that's all there is to it, let's consider it posted then. Smile
Now we just wait for folks to say they'll participate?

Did I read here that some folks use 16" circular needles to make socks? Would that work for hats and fingerless gloves too as opposed to the DPN's I've been using?

Meanwhile I just checked out your Etsy site, Nittineedles. Beautiful work!
I was interested in how people price their work. My cousin crochets beautiful baby sweater and hat sets, which she's been charging $8 for! I've been trying to tell her that's way too low. But, I really don't have a clue what prices should be.

I also have a question about a lot of the patterns I'm finding on-line. Many of them say you aren't allowed to make them to sell. Why is that? If it doesn't say that on the pattern does that mean you are allowed to make it and sell it?

Is there a rule here for limits on the number of postings within a certain time period? I keep getting a msg. that I can't post again "so soon" but then my post appears, even if I haven't posted for 24 hours. (I don't want to break the rules.)
Yvonne
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made several pairs of these in both long and short versions and they worked well.

I would like to knit a pair of plain, ordinary gloves with fingers if I can find a pattern. Can I still join in?

Rav ID: thacka
BonnieSD
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Yes, join in! Reply with quote

Yvonne, Yes, absolutely join in! I'm sure a pattern for regular gloves can be found somewhere. Smile

A while back I printed the pattern for the pink cabled fingerless gloves your link shows. They're so pretty! But, being a beginner and finding charts pretty complicated to follow, I thought there was a mistake in the chart...I started knitting them and it appeared to me that you should omit (I think it was rows 9 and 10 of the chart) because otherwise the cable comes too close to the previous one. Am I mistaken about that? It's quite possible I wasn't reading the chart correctly! Anyway, I ended up not finishing them but I would like to make them because I just love anything with cables!
A_nony_mouse
Site Librarian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: KAL for Fingerless Gloves Reply with quote

BonnieSD wrote:

Did I read here that some folks use 16" circular needles to make socks? Would that work for hats and fingerless gloves too as opposed to the DPN's I've been using?

I use 16" circs almost exclusively for hats and purses/bags that I make. It is so much easier on my hands. Sometimes I need to use dps to knit the smaller decreasing part.
Kathryn
Young Knitter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: KAL for Fingerless Gloves Reply with quote

BonnieSD wrote:
Kathryn, O.K. do you mean like the subj. line I have above?
If that's all there is to it, let's consider it posted then. Smile
Now we just wait for folks to say they'll participate?

Pretty much - you just need to select "New topic" instead of "Post reply", but I've sorted that for you.

Now, what pattern shall I choose? Confused

Bohemian Knitter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thinking about joining - I like the pattern on the other thread which I've bookmarked. I think I'll have 1+1/2 ball left of the Sirdar crofter yarn from Gs jacket - do you think just over 200mtrs will be enough for a pair of fingerless mitss?
BonnieSD
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Which pattern? Reply with quote

Well, this one is interesting. Gotta love those cables! Smile

http://homepage.mac.com/subliminalrabbit/bellasmittens_pattern.pdf

It's for mittens, but when I was wandering around the Etsy site, I noticed a pair of fingerless gloves in the same pattern, just cut off earlier than the mittens I think. I haven't found a pattern for them yet though.
BonnieSD
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: How much yarn? Reply with quote

Quote:
do you think just over 200mtrs will be enough for a pair of fingerless mitss?

Hils, I don't know, but the "Dashing" pattern says they take 128 yds.
(Dumb American here - don't know how to convert to mtrs.! Smile
Kathryn
Young Knitter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be ok, so long as they aren't too long in the arm.

There are a few projects on Ravlery for fingerless gloves in Crofter (I'm guessing it's the DK), but they don't always mention how many balls they used.

Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Yes, join in! Reply with quote

BonnieSD wrote:
Yvonne, Yes, absolutely join in! I'm sure a pattern for regular gloves can be found somewhere. Smile

it appeared to me that you should omit (I think it was rows 9 and 10 of the chart) because otherwise the cable comes too close to the previous one. Am I mistaken about that? !

I can't remember but I'll have a look. If there was a mistake I may have written it on the pattern.

Nanette
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to knit-a-long... I have sock yarn that I want to try for this. Rolling Eyes (imagine that) Smile

I found this pattern that I would like to try. It's a free down-load.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/jasmine-fingerless-mitts
knittingmama
Green Thumb Knitter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, I like those, Nanette, and I have yarn in my stash. Count me in!
Yvonne
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Yes, join in! Reply with quote

Yvonne wrote:
BonnieSD wrote:

it appeared to me that you should omit (I think it was rows 9 and 10 of the chart) because otherwise the cable comes too close to the previous one. Am I mistaken about that? !

I can't remember but I'll have a look. If there was a mistake I may have written it on the pattern.

Well, I've got the pattern out and I can't see any mistakes. I certainly didn't work from the chart as it doesn't seem to relate to the written instructions. Ah... it is different on my print out.

The thing is that it's cables and I probably did them by just reading my knitting. You can do that with many patterns once you get the hang of them.

I even down-sized them for my nieces and I've got notes about that.

Sorry I'm not more help. Sometime I'll do them again and take more notice of the pattern and write down any problems because they were a nice pair of gloves.

knittingmama
Green Thumb Knitter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are also a strong possibility, since I have lots of Palette to choose from.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/snowflake-fingerless-gloves-2
Kathryn
Young Knitter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that I'm going to make these.

When are people starting? I'm not going to be able to start for a couple of weeks as I've got some gift-knitting to work on first.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Knit-a-longs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: